Monday, November 30, 2009

A Whirlwind Week

To say last week was a crazy week is an understatement! First of all, Alvin and I celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary on Tuesday, Thankgiving on Thursday and my 29th birthday on Friday!!!


This year we did something a little different. Our girls and their families always have Thanksgiving lunch with their in-laws and then come to our house on Thanksgiving evening for dinner with us. Alvin and I usually travel to Mountain View with Alvin's sister, Fay and her husband Tom and my niece Cindy and her family and have lunch at Cody's Restaurant. Long story short Cody's closed and Alvin and I decided to spend Thanksgiving in Branson.



We knew it would be sooooooo crowded in Branson on Friday, but seriously thought it would be a ghost town on Thanksgiving day. You can only imagine our dismay when we pulled into Cracker Barrel for lunch and the host said it would be an hour and a half to two hours!!!! Usually they tell you that to scare you off!!!! Oh no, you are NOT scaring us off!!!! We drove three and a half hours to get here and we want some Cracker Barrel turkey and dressing!!!!! Well.......we got our turkey and dressing at Cracker Barrel and hour and a half later!!!!! But, boy was it worth the wait!!

Anywho, the kiddo's all drove up on Friday morning and we spent the day at Silver Dollar City. It was the most beautiful day I believe I've ever seen. Seriously, I bet it was at least 70 degrees!! We had sooooo much fun. If you've live within driving distance to Branson and have never been around Christmas time, you've got to go!!!! It is gorgeous!!! Silver Dollar City is decorated with over 4 million lights........it is something to behold. The Christmas tree is five stories high and gorgeous!!!



Casey and Josh in front of some snowmen decor.


Ryan, Cortney, Ridge, Reid and Cade with a cute little snowmen family!


I was really disappointed with the picture of the tree. It was so pretty in real life. It changes colors, blue, red and green!
(I took this picture as I was coming up the hill, so the tree looks really small).



Sweet Ridge enjoying his pears!




Later that night we went to Landry's Seafood and celebrated my birthday. The girls had me a fresh strawberry cake made (my favorite). It was delish! I'm pretty sure I gained five pounds from the cake alone! lol


I was a little disappointed in this picture. You could barely even see Ridge sitting at the end of the table.


Saturday morning we got up and hit the malls and the Branson Landing. It was so good to be able to get the entire family together. Usually someone is missing.


Now that we have the whirlwind week behind us, it's on to Christmas! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.


5 comments:

Susie said...

Glad you had a good time!

Kelley said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and made a great new tradition.

Kelley said...

Oh! Happy 29th birthday!

Jacquie said...

What a FUN FUN Thanksgiving weekend!! The weather WAS gorgeous, wasn't it? We couldn't have asked for better weather for the wedding.

I sure wish I could've met up with you.

sanjeet said...

That sounds like a fun day !
post free classified ads