Thursday, July 31, 2008
OK, so here's what I'm supposed to do..........
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message on your nominee's blog.
I read so many blogs each day and most of you have already received this award. Anyways, I'm going to nominate......
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
2 cubes of ices in their drink
1/2 twist of lime
a blanket (for pete's sake, it's summertime & 110 in this metal tube)
Please, please don't ask me to mix spicy tomato with gingerale, I know you think it will soothe your upset stomach, but hey, it makes me want to vomicka, yes I said "vomicka"!
And the list goes on..................
Anyhow, Lord you know I love my job but do to sleep deprivation (due to husband kicking and flailing all night) I need all the help I can get today!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
A few years ago Susie surprised me with the following poem and I will cherish it forever. Thanks Sis for the memories:
Monday, July 21, 2008
It's hard to believe in a few short weeks we will be lovin' on another baby boy! We are so excited about this little fellows arrival! I'm pretty sure this was the last place Cortney thought this picture would end up, but I wanted to show everyone how baby "Chico" (this is the name Reid has given the little one) has grown.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Sunday, July 6, 2008
The handle on my favorite purse broke last week so I grabbed my ole standby (which looks like a jiffy pop pan after the popcorn has been popped). I was in a hurry as always and just threw in my billfold, checkbook, lipstick and off I go. Today I was looking for a pen in my purse and realized there seemed to be an awful lot of unnecessary items. To my dismay this is what I found:
*not only the lipstick I put in, but FOUR tubes!!! All the same shade!!!
*crossword puzzle book
*Steinmart coupon that expired April 6th
*Bridal Shower invitation for June 10th
* (4) samples of Bio Freeze
*large paper clip
* (1) MCDONALDS FRENCH FRY! WHAT!!!!!! (It looked perfectly normal which is scary)
*Business Card from Raddisson
*Kirklands 2 day only sale card
*An empty BC powder package
*waded up kleenex
*2 quick liner pencil for the lips
*tube Clinique Super Balm (at least there was only one, not four)
*Plastic ring Reid had given me a few weeks ago that I actually wore while shopping with him.
*Empty Chick fila peppermint wrapper
*A note with a phone number on it and I have absolutely no clue who's number it is!
*Receipts from Dillards, Target, Kroger, Walgreens, Walmart, The Limited, Newport Eyecare
*2 grocery lists
*And finally, AN INK PEN.
I could have gone on "Let's Make A Deal" and probably won. I mean a french fry for Pete's Sake!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Six random things about me:
1. I love thunderstorms!
2. I'm claustrophobic. Crazy isn't it. You would think flying around in a metal tube all day would drive me nuts, it doesn't. But, you let me get in an elevator and my heart starts pounding, especially if the door doesn't open immediately when the elevator stops!!!
3. I'm the oldest of three children. I have a sister, Susie and my brother Wes is the youngest.
4. I drive way too fast most of the time.
5. I once got pulled over by the same State Trooper twice in one week while on my way to Jonesboro and managed to talk him out of a ticket both times (reference number four).
6. I NEVER meet a stranger. I love to talk (reference number 5). I could talk the bark right off a tree!