Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mindless Chatter #12 - 17

Mercy, I sure can get behind before quick can get ready!!!!! So real quick, here's what's been going on!!!

We gave our goldfish to my hero's cousin and filled in our pond!!! Yes, we loved it......but, boy was it a pain in the hind quarters to keep clean. We are working on a fountain right now and the above pot will not be there tomorrow.......didn't like the way it looked!



A couple of weeks ago as I was getting off the plane in Dallas, a lady on the front row says, "why did you quit blogging"? I looked at her and said, "oh my gosh, do I know you" and she says, "no, but, I read your blog". I was completely dumbfounded.......what a small world!!! She said when she had gotten on the plane she wondered if I would be working her flight.......well, with 10,000 flight attendants her chances of having me on her flight were slim to none. It had been a really quick flight and I was working the in the back section of the plane, so imagine how stunned she probably was when I came marching up to the front of the plane to get off!!! So I want to shout out to "Paulette" and tell her to comment on my posts AND please start a blog......you said you had thought about it, so come on girl!!!!


Well, that brings me to the above picture, which was taken in Mountain View, AR at Woods Soda Fountain. When my hero and I go to MV we always have to stop in at Woods and have a chicken salad sandwich and one of their world famous malts.......can you say, YUMMO!!!! Anyhooty, we were sitting at the table the other day (it was sooooo crowded) and this lady comes over to me and says, "I know you" and I say, "you really look familiar to me too", to which she replys, "no, you don't know me". She says, "your becjane, aren't you"? Well, I nearly fall out of my seat I mean I think.......OMG, I'm getting to be as popular as Pioneer Woman.......LOL LOL!!! Guess, I better starting writing a cookbook!!!!! That's reeeeeeeally funny since I don't even cook!!! Oh, back to my story. The above pic is of me and my new friend Anna. "HI ANNA"!!!! She is from Paris, TX and she, her husband and several of their friends have a bluegrass band and they come to MV a couple of times a year. "Anna, get your blog going", Anna, doesn't have a blog either. You better comment on this post Anna.......I know where you live!! LOL Again, small world!!!


The other day we were fishing and I looked down and had on my cute little rhinestone flip flops and thought to myself, boy, what a fisherman I am........LOL!!


I have eaten waaaaaay too many of the above lately!! BTW......this is a delicious new dessert I tried and it is soooooo easy!!! It's called Brownie and strawberry shortcake and you can get the recipe on Betty Crocker.com


Went to Reid's game last night. He is getting so big, breaks my heart!!!


Looky, looky, looky........yep, new umbrella's!!! You remember, we lost three umbrella's and a patio table in last weeks wind, well I can always count on Lucky's to come through for me. That's right.......fifteen bucks each~umbrella's always make our backyard happy!!!!


Ok, well that's about it. Sorry, I've bored you with my mindless chatter! See, Anna, it's pretty easy to come up with mindless chatter.


Y'all go out and enjoy the rest of the week! As for me, I will be flying the friendly skies Friday/Saturday and Sunday with my beautiful daughter and niece!!!!

11 comments:

Jacquie said...

What a great post. I loved your fun stories... and I do declare, you may be getting just as famous as PW!!! Those umbrella's were a STEAL!

Kelley said...

You are so lucky to have a Lucky's. It has the best deals. That is really cool that people are recognizing you from your blog!

Kayla said...

So fun...this may just be me but Anna's picture isn't showing up.

i think if anyone noticed me from my blog they would ask about all these dumb critters!!!!!!

and seriously...I WANT A LUCKY'S!!! $15 is absolutely crazy to me!!

Mindy said...

I have been reading your blog for a few months and have noticed you talking about Lucky's. I live in TN, where my husband is an associate pastor, but we are from Arkansas. We come through your town going to MV for our church camp and things, I would love to know where Lucky's is, so the next time we come through we can stop!

Susie said...

Hey Miss Popular, cute post! Your backyard sure is looking good!

Have fun on your trip this weekend!

Ashley ~ said...

I LOVE your mindless chatter as you call it*! I also love your flip flops, yummy desert, and your beautiful back yard all put back together after the storm. Oops, I don't remember if you said if Reid's team won the baseball game, I must go back and reread it and check to see.

Anywho, as always, I wish for you safe flights, smooth landings, and sober pilots*!

((hugs)) _Ashley*

nannykim said...

Man, I can't believe people can recognise you from your blog!!! I don't think I could ever do that!!

Justabeachkat said...

I've had blogger recognize me in restaurants here too and it's a mixed feeling...kinda nice and kinda freaky. LOL

The dessert looks so good...gotta go check out the recipe.

$15.00 for the umbrellas!!!!???? Dang...it's "almost" worth a drive to Arkansas to pick some up. Good for you.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mz Becky! Oh how special to meet someone who comes to your blog! I guess we don't ever know who reading our blogs!
I've heard about Lucky's but don't know anything about them. We don't have any around here!
You're probably back from your trip so I hope it was wonderful.
I still hope to run into you someday in the friendly skies! You know we LOVE Southwest! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

His Doorkeeper said...

This is funny because I have been approached several times (in Branson twice) by people who say, "Aren't you Kelly's Korner's Mom???" LOL

Jacquie and I need to make a trip over to see you and go to Lucky's !! I need some umbrellas like that for the cheap price!!

Stacey said...

Oh it looks so pretty out there! Love those pillows and the umbrellas. :)