Thursday, January 29, 2009

Flight Attendant Friday

Ok, let's talk briefly about training. As I stated a couple of weeks ago training was tough. It's probably one of the hardest things I've ever been through in my life. It's intense, but at the same time fun and very interesting.



The title flight attendant or stewardess as I call myself (I think it's a funny word) comes with GREAT responsibilities. During the 3 1/2 week training we learn how to evacuate an airplane in 90 seconds or less, emergency equipment, where's it's located and the operation of each piece. We also learn about CPR, first aid, security,hazmat and customer care.



Janet and yours truly


Janet was my best friend in training and we were inseparable. We studied together from sun up to sun down. We laughed together and cried together. You don't get much sleep.....maybe four hours a night. I truly don't know if I could have made it through without her.

This is Poole. Poole is a full size fuselage of a Boeing 737. We did our unplanned emergencies on Poole and we also got to slide down the slide which was way too much fun!


We had to practice setting our trays up. We don't use carts (thank goodness).


The best thing about training was my beautiful daughter Casey pinning my wings.

Thanks baby girl!


Until next week.......stay safe in your travels.

19 comments:

Nancy Rosalina said...

Becky, Your training was intense, I am sure...but worth every min! This is so much fun learning about your job....Blessings, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I look forward to these posts each week. Love all your photos, especially you with your daughter. Have a great weekend Becky.

Jennifer said...

Great story! I'm new to your blog, started visiting from Kelly's Korner. When did you start flying?

The Shupe's said...

Great post... What a sweet memory to have with your daughter. I love reading your writings. Have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

When I was younger I had always wanted to be a flight attendant. I love reading your posts about it and learning a little about what you do. I'll just live vicariously through you....lol. Debbie

Casey said...

Wow, could my pants be any higher up, they are almost to my neck!! Thank goodness for the new uniforms, I heart low rise. What a fun day! So glad I got to pin your wings on you!! Love you, Casey

Susie said...

Casey cracks me up with her comment. She's so funny!

That is a really good picture of you two.

Unknown said...

YEAH you! That's awesome that you passed the training....a big accomplishment! You Rock!

Unknown said...

Your job looks like so much fun! Do you travel with the same flight attendants each time or is it different each time you fly? Great pictures and it does look like the training would be hard. Have a wonderful weekend!

Faith said...

Sounds like a lot of hard work to me. Glad you enjoyed it, though!

Kelley said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. There is so much to your job than people realize.

nikkicrumpet said...

I love these posts. It is so fun to hear about what you had to do and how you do your job. I love that it was your daughter who welcomed you into the pack!

Kelley said...

Becky,
I hope you have fun on your trip. My dad is doing much better. He is still in the hospital, but in the rehab part. They are working with him on walking and initiating conversation. We are still not sure what happened to him, but glad we have him with us.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Becky, thanks for stopping by! I think it is so neat that you are a flight attendant & love it so much. I interviewed with Eastern way back when I was about 23 & really would have loved to pursue that career, but it didn't happen. I guess looking back, that might have been a blessing since Eastern went out of business years ago, but still. I remember being in awe of the flight attendants, it seemed to be such a glamourous job. I'm sure it is not quite that way behind the scenes.

You are SO pretty! Glad ya'll survived the ice storms. Been seeing it all on the news. Nothing down here in AL.

petrii said...

Becky,
I had no idea training was so difficult. I love to hear about your job. And you are so cute!!!!!

Have a Blessed weekend,
Dawn

Jacquie said...

I REALLY like hearing about your job. You are probably THE most fun stewardess to have on a flight! Maybe one day I'll get to see you at work.

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank you Becky for your prayers for Nalley. You and I both know the power of prayer. Your friendship is such a blessing.

Bo said...

Hi Becky...I like reading your FA Friday posts...I had heard that the training is very intense... Bravo for you making it! ;-) Bo

Leigh Ann said...

I just know you are THE best stewardess! That training sounds intense. It's always nice to have a buddy to share it with. I'm glad y'all don't use carts. I think they are annoying! :)